- our serifs elongate near a miniature black hole
emerged from spring overgrowth; protect typeset
- it drew the brush inward; my arms around a May pole–
creosote pairing, condensing; cellular empathy.
carve names onto a stone
- i saw you bend over further back and flicker your hammer.
i never laid down but am laying now;
gradually, cellular. bird shot
- i wandered with a retired bomb sniffing dog.
he led me to spring overgrowth, watering hole ripples
- there are kites on Tiger Mountain caught in antenna arrays.
there is a hole in each of my palms
where wires once threaded through
to suspend me from the array
- our souls evoke poltergeists of blood reduction.
illicit cuts no longer coagulate
- drive down from the summit.
dirty clots dried on the steering column
- illicit wheel ruts end at the treeline.
trained hounds return with gunpowder noses
- hounds tugged arms like detached serif kites.
smile for your practical father;
take him down from the rafters
and have him solder this loose antenna wire
- i walk a retired bomb sniffing dog named May.
if you call me that again i’ll put you inside the tree–
- and in the grocery store checkout line she said,
if you call me that name again
i’ll put you in my butter, i’ll put you down
- hang me back on the antenna array.
i would choose to forget the bomb sniffing dogs,
the black hole, the currency,
- our rhythms of poltergeist cell walls begin.
municipal clots bulge under a patched seam
- our threads pull from each chest towards overgrowth.
skin cells, aphids on the stalks of debris
- she played notes attracting hounds on a recorder–
trained them for residue illicit cuts will render
- we had watched ourselves as sailboats, side by side.
rigging by rigging along the harbor,
along neutral rocks
- aging becomes more practical now than before.
these forms will evolve into red giants
- ride the old bike over the embankment
towards the sound of free range Dodge Darts
- ride to the first day of kindergarten in a 1972 Dodge.
there was a girl in a white fur coat when you met the second boy
- ride to the Swap Meet and buy a box of old electronics.
1980-1986 circuit boards, boxy and thick;
- ride the old bike towards a miniature black hole.
feed it asphalt, 1986 neighborhoods
- shoot at it with a pistol; any round is frangible.
any curvature is observable
- isotopes, cholesterol, tinnitus.
richer factions notice now. increasing blood pressure
- the arriving look around. nearest: rub your eyes.
rub the soil from this jinx
- all worlds evolve to rely on one scent that depletes.
coax blood cells named Challenger, Chernobyl, Arco
- all worlds are temporary.
all worlds come from the decay of another
- all worlds collapse giving birth
to a motionless suburb, mountain zone
- all worlds collapse when there is no one left to observe.
curvature flattens, rots, compacts, turns oil